Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Great Basin & Into the Winds

"Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season!  And remember...a shiny new donkey for whoever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."
--C.M. Burns

Hello!  T-Bone here in Pinedale WY, a good resupply for the rest of the "Winds" and into Yellowstone.  I've connected with my cousin Memento and his friend Abandoner.

As expected, the trail went downhill (quite literally) from Bridger Peak into the basin.  And it was hot, flat, dry, and actually good for big miles, despite  sketchy water and
we did three 30 plus days in a row, then 23 into Atlantic City where we enjoyed an amazing stuffed burger!
The "we" in this instance was Chili & Pepper( a father-son duo from Florida) and me.
I enjoyed a zero in Lander after 21 straight days and ate a pizza each night at the brewpub. They make a decent IPA.  Maybe I regained a pound?

Ten trail miles out of Lander, we gradually ascended into Bridger Teton Wilderness.  I took an alternative route through the Cirque of the Towers!

The pants live on!


No shade, little water



No comments:

Post a Comment