Monday, April 21, 2014

Leaving Ashe-Vegas Tomorrow!

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.

I've yearned to hike the CDT for some time now and decided that since I'm alive and can walk, I should take a crack at the big dog of the Triple Crown.  As with the PCT in 2010 my preparations are a bit rushed, but my previous experience really helps with the logistical aspects of long-distance hiking.

That said, I'm a bit nervous for this one.  The CDT is toughest in several ways including remoteness, weather, planning, distance, navigation, water, etc. so I expect to take it a bit more seriously than the AT or PCT.

My start date is this Thursday, April 24th, and I intend to hike as far as I can.  I've set up several town stops/maildrops thru New Mexico, but that's it.  One can only plan so much of an extended journey.

If you'd like to send me a goodie box or care package, my first maildrop pickup will be in Pie Town!

J. Scott Thomas
c/o General Delivery
Pie Town, NM 87827
"Please hold for CDT hiker"

My estimated arrival is May 8.

I intend to post updates and photos as frequently as possible and hope you enjoy!

T-Bone
AT 1997
PCT 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment